Cheap 4.8 ls build

Discussion in 'All Non F-body Tech' started by NOBOTL, Jul 11, 2020.

1. NOBOTL

Hey guys recently picked up a 4.8 short block in pretty good shape . Im going to hone it clean replace rings bearing and add forged pistons. Im trying to keep it chem as possible, I picked up a GM Performance carb manifold for 100$. im hoping to keep this around 2 grand . OH and maybe give it a 300 shot of juice with a progressive controller :) . what's everyone else up to these days?

Tags:
  2. NastyZ

Right on man.... wish i could mess around like that. Myself i helped a buddy repair a few Pevy stacks at the jam hall.... the 15" subs litterally busted the rivits off in the cabinet....so i helped him re attach everything in the cabinet lol

Doi g that on the cheap..... i put some speedpro street forged pistons in mine in the rebuild.....i think around 450....rings were 150 i think. Godda be closest to the cheapest forged slugs you will get.... and the are stock type replacment..... that was for a gen 1 sbc though. I would think they would do it for an LS aswell

NOBOTL likes this.
  3. NOBOTL

those are the ones i was looking at !
    dude i feel you on the musical gear. i have a few LP's i built from kits and a Dime ml dean . I really regret selling my dixie rebel dime dean a few years ago

NastyZ likes this.
  4. NastyZ

Nice! Ya, i bo6ght a set of .020 over slugs.... was nice because i only needed to go 20 instead of the usual .030.... left me more meat lol....i just wanted them...to spray a 150 shot. .....but then i got the turbo deal after it was all installed lol...... but

5. NOBOTL

if i were going to run a 150 id try to get away with the stock pistons but i think 250-300 is way too much lol

NastyZ likes this.
  6. NOBOTL

hoping to degrease and check all threaded holes this weekend

7. mullettcar

you should do a step by step of the build snapping pics as you go and a list of the parts and prices i would follow that build.

NOBOTL likes this.
  8. NOBOTL

i think i will once i get started.

NastyZ likes this.