Chamois

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by WrathGrape, Jan 11, 2003.

1. WrathGrape

Just in case anyone was wondering, a good chamois I would recommend is The Absorber (by Emgee/CleanTools, Inc). Available at most auto stores for like $10. A friend of mine who's a total clean freak about his '02 Z introduced me to it and I've used it ever since. It's extremely water absorbent after the first use to break it in, soft enough not to scratch the clear coat even when dry, and lasts forever.

Tags:
  2. ZAdministrator

I have been using the absorber brand for more than 5 years now. I have found nothing else to even compare to it. they are cheap and reusable. the best part is when it gets dirty and you think it is time for a new one, throw it in the wash machine just like you do regular laundry and it will come out brand new again.

3. Mykdiver

Really? I guess I should go get one and try it.:D

4. partsguy198

I've been using the "Water Sprite." It's available at NAPA Auto Parts. It has the same qualities the Absorber has.

5. mattinator1973

Been detailing cars for years, 17 to be exact. Started with the origional chamois and bought The Absorber :bow: when it came out. Have never looked back.

Sorry for bringing this back from the dead!

6. fivelitertpi

Didn't see this post until now, but two thumbs up:lol: :lol: for the absorber. Have been using it for years. They absorb tons of water, don't scratch, and last forever. Been detailing for a long time...can't say I've tried them all....but when I find something that works, I stick to it.

7. -name removed admin request-

8. ncnbmss

i have about 5 absorbers!!!

9. Extinct Staff Alumni

Yea, the Absorber is an excellent product. However, my buddy has a Corvette and he has hooked me on the California Water Blade. Its a silicone blade that takes all the water off in one swipe. However, it is hard to use of the rear lid of my Camaro.
    See ya on the road,
    Matt

10. 93azzkickinZ

I disagree. I bought one of those water blades and it puts any chamois to shame. It takes a whole lot less time to dry too. They can be bought at Wal-Mart or out of summit.

11. -name removed admin request-

i bought a california water blade and learned quickly only to use it on glass because it can leave nasty streaks on the paint

12. Art Vandaley

Any one want to donate an absorber hehe.. j/k