Car cover residue

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by CMM, Aug 7, 2019.

1. CMM

I bought a $200 car cover from Budge for my new car. The car is outside and exposed to the sun. I have the cover on for days without a problem. Three days ago it rained slightly and the car was wet when I put the cover on. The cover was on the car for 3 days exposed to sun. When I removed the cover I noticed a white smearish film all over the car (not a powder at all but more a white fiber stuck to the surface). This smearish film covered pretty much all windows and very difficult to remove even with micro fiber. Hard to see on the white surface but I can feel it. Its all over my new car! I wonder if this is because the car cover is new and I can fix it by washing the cover?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    Tags:
  2. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

First off I would never put a car cover on a wet car, now as far as the residue it sounds like it is something that is on the car cover, maybe whatever they use to repel the water from making it to the car. I bought a Noah car cover about 250 and I have never had any issues with it leaving a substance behind once it was removed from the car, and it's been through both rain and snow.

3. CMM

Thanks for your comment. Can you be more specific about the kind of cover you got from Nora?

4. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

I got mine from California Car Cover and the brand of the cover is Noah. As with the one that you got it is costly at about 250 but it fits perfect and keeps the weather off of the car.

CMM likes this.
  5. bubba88

Mine came with a blue microfiber type that shed white dust.
    I tried to wash it out and had no luck-I tossed it-
    Fanta-Z is right, may be coating failed and never cover a wet car.

6. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

If you haven't gotten it all off yet, I recommend giving Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover a try. I normally don't use Turtle Wax products, but this stuff works very good.