can i do the seafoam flush if my cat is clogged?

Discussion in '4th Gen Camaro LT1 (1993-1997 Camaro)' started by negsdavid, Jul 21, 2007.

1. negsdavid

i was reading about it and it supposedly cleans out a lot of gunk from the engine. Problem is, i need to replace one of my cats. Can i do the seafoam thing or is it just going to be a waste of time?

Tags:
  2. Gatorhead

Wsate of time and money. Replace both cats while you are there, and then your O2 sensors. If not it won't be long before you go through this all over again.Just .02.

3. negsdavid

thanks buddy!

4. Greg Norris

seafoaming wont be a waste of time. it'll free up lost horsepower by cleaning the engine itself. you still need to swap your cats...or remove them.

5. Gatorhead

He lives in Cali.....so he has to keep em, one is clogged so far as he knows and possibly the other as well........I agree that seafoam is not a waste of time, however at this point in time it really is. Now after all work is done it would be a good idea.

6. Crows89RS

I"m afraid to seafoam by possibly ****************ing up my engine ... I think the only way to **************** it up is by doing it through a vacuum line in the engine. I might just do it in the gas tank for starters and see if it helps at all.

7. Greg Norris

seafoaming wont damage your engine. it will sound like ur f'ing up ur engine when you do the vacuum line portion of it. but that means its doing its job. just dont drive more than 250 miles after you put the half can in your oil. the way i did it was to run about 200 miles after putting it in my oil and the whole can in my gas tank, then let the oil drain for nearly 8 hrs, then swapped to Royal Purple and did the vacuum line part and the Deep Creep part while I was finishing my brake upgrade, then ran the hell out of it.

8. gukid

And how did that work???

9. RatedZ

I work p/t at an auto parts store and I sell cans upon cans of Seafoam on a daily basis. I've never had anyone come in and say that Seafoam messed up their car.

Don't put it in your oil, even though the can states that you can. Just run int through a vacuum line, if at all.

I'd just put the stuff in my gas, but that's it.