Camber adjustment on Z28

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tires and Suspension' started by Puddlejumper, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Puddlejumper

This past weekend I went to the track for the first time in my z28 and had a blast.
    The car really handles great. Some of the more experienced drivers mentioned having the z28 in the past and adjusting there camber. I believe you can adjust with factor parts from 1 to 1.5 ....some other drivers mentioned using BMR aftermarket camber plates etc.... and making the camber shift up to 3.... The result with camber set to 3 off are supposed to be incredible....

Has anyone made these modifications or are there any previous links in forum to this topic...
    Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

I don't think anyone has adjusted camber. I have been here since '04 and don't remember a topic like this.

More than likely the reason they are saying to adjust the camber is for less tire contact in the front. Less contact, less rolling resistance. IMO, I would just put some pizza cutters on the front and not have to worry about chewing up tires on the road.

3. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Tony I'm thinking he is either auto crossing or drifting, so I don't think the littles would be a good choice for him :)

4. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Well then, that shows what I like to do lmao. In which case, yes, camber would help out a LOT on a road course.

FANTA-Z likes this.
  5. Puddlejumper

6. Puddlejumper

Yes the intention will only be on road coarses.
    Not to concerned on street. I'll be trailering Most of the time.
    Thank you

7. 4thand26

Down here, half of all civics do this for street driving

8. 93Z Ted

Camber settings have been changed to improve the poor understeer on these vehicles for a long time.

9. ooldguy

Camber is adjustable, the ball joints are somewhat slotted in the control arm's
    Also, you can loosen the 4 large bolts, holding the front sub-frame to the uni-body, and pry the whole sub-frame l or r to add more negative camber on either side ( not both ) - worthwhile if rules prohibit or restrict adding parts
    Tracked ( road course ) my '02 Z28 for 3 seasons

10. jerry henderson

The long arm/ short arm suspension should have off set bushings available from some where . If not a home made spacer should be easy enough to make . I prefer my square stance/ factory suspension because i drive around corners more often than speed down straights , and i'm not a drifter .

11. 4thand26

I get it. Just looks so dumb the way fold down here do it. Saw a mini van that was lowered and had an extreme adjustment 2 days ago, it gave me a good laugh

12. jerry henderson

Extra camber may reduce under steer in retarded / front wheel drive junk , but it also increases snap over steer , witch is great for doing unexpected 360's on the exit of a corner ( highly entertaining too watch ) .

4thand26 likes this.
  13. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Do you even Camber, Bro?!

[​IMG]#ad

jerry henderson and 4thand26 like this.
  14. 6cylrider

old tread but.. caster and camber are adjusted at the lower control arms . You need the tool to hold the arm when the bolts are loose, is a u shaped turn buckle looking thing, a must have. no sub frame to move, ball joints ,if stock, are not slotted, and a camber plate will do nothing to an F body.

15. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

16. 6cylrider

17. iSpeedAtNight

Can you expand on this a little bit?