bose sub

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics' started by flubyu, Dec 5, 2015.

1. flubyu

I have a 95 z28 with the bose option it has all been removed but I was thinking that I might use the sub woofer box and put a aftermarket 6.5 woofer in it with a aftermarket amp wondering if this has been tried before with good results I want a little low end I know someone has tried it but not much comes up on a search

Tags:
  2. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Yup, it's been done. The issue with running another amp is getting your low inputs back there. It's a lot of wiring for a little bass. My suggestion is to get a stealth box. Those you can get in 10" and they hit much harder. And they tuck up in the hole on the drivers side trunk well. You lose no space down there.

3. flubyu

thanks for the reply ive seen the stealth box looks like it may be what I need .I have a alpine stereo and a 5 chanel soundstream amp installed with a 10 "sub in a small box sounds good but I have the amp mounted in that area the bose box fits around the amp that's why I thought it might work .So your saying you don't think ill get enough low end out of a good 6.5 and that bose box

4. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

I have an aftermarket sub in that box (stock amp, and I don't remember the brand on teh sub) and it doesn't hit like I think it should. I wanted to get a stealth box, but never got around to it. Don't drive it enough.