Bose question...

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics' started by RedRocketZ28, Feb 7, 2007.

1. RedRocketZ28

Ok all, I have a 95 Z28 with the factory bose system. The head unit is on it's way out (trouble ejecting CD's) and the only speakers that work are the passenger side front and the one in the hatch. Now I have searched but still some questions are unanswered. I understand that the two rear speakers in the sail panel are the "subs" and provide the bass correct? So they shouldn't have words coming out from them right? So the only sounds come from the two fronts and the one in the hatch? Now here is my question. Instead of buying all new speakers and rewiring EVERYTHING, can I just get two new speakers for the fronts (obviously will have to rewire those) with a new head unit and call it good? Will the rear speakers all still work? I am not sure if the rear sail panel speakers are working but I do get plenty of bass, could this be coming from the hatch speaker though? I also heard that it is unnecessary to put speakers into the sail panels because the fronts will provide enough sound. Is this right?

To recap, can I buy two new speakers for the front doors, a new head unit, and still have the rear speakers all work? Will I still need the adapter from crutchfield? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks all.

Tags:
  2. The Rezanka

The sub is back in the hatch area. I personally bought a new deck, had it installed, and all of the speakers and sub worked fine. I then bought new door speakers and them installed and everything still worked fine. Then I bought new back speakers and once again everything worked fine. I had best buy do the installs, but it was only an install and not a rewiring

3. CipsZ28

I have a Pioneer HU and Infinity 6012si's for the door/sail panel and 4012i's for the hatch area.

The sail speakers and hatch speakers are split-wired. The HU sees the 4 back speakers as only 2; 1 per side. The sail speaker is primarily the bass and the hatch speaker is primarily the treble.

I bought all my stuff from Crutchfield and had no problem putting it in. The only thing I did have to alter was the amount of fade from front to back. No rewiring, no problems.

4. RedRocketZ28

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484870&highlight=bose

This is where I read that the rearmost speaker in the bose 5-speaker system is a full range speaker. The speakers by the rear seats are the "subs". I get sound from my hatch speaker and not from the two backseat ones too. Cips you have a 97, completely different interior and radio than what I have. Thanks for the help though.

I think I am just going to get a new head unit, front speakers, and leave the rest the same. I just need a new HU because the stocker is gonna go soon, and I want both front speakers to work. I think I am going to go with the Pioneer DEHP-5800MP for a head unit (seems pretty decent and can get it for a good price on ebay. One of these for the mounting thing http://maptechenterprises.netfirms....id=36&osCsid=75177eb0ddbeeaf56f11816965e1c57b
    Then get some Infinity Kappa 62.7I's for the fronts and leave everything else the same. So I should be ok leaving the other stockers the same correct? They will work the same as they do now? Thanks for the help guys.

5. CipsZ28

Ah crap. Sorry for the wrong info. :sad2:

6. RedRocketZ28

It's cool, we all make mistakes :)