Exhaust Idea i have

Discussion in '3rd Gen Camaro (1982-1992 Camaro)' started by Ron, May 30, 2005.

1. Ron Staff Alumni

Not sure if possible, many threads on dual exhaust :confused: Anyway in my county where the car is registered Emissions is not required, probably wont ever either or atleast not in the immediate future. So im looking to do away with the current exhaust on the car.

Setup thats on there now, headers to a catback system, piping is im guessing 3inches, i aint to sure it aint 4 its pretty big. I didnt put it there, came with the car so i aint sure of the exact system but anyway.

Want to do away with it, put duals on the car but no mufflers. Straight pipes coming out with the tips *before* the rear tires. Just cant really picture true duals on that car without bottoming out somewhere but why im asking to :help:

Tags:
  2. Iroc350kid

Let me go over on another site and get you some pics of another true duel 3'' set up with longtubes ;) .. I have pics of mine but "everyone" says its to low and when I'm in the car (that 240lbs added on the driver side) and I never rub on anything but its up to you ... I will be back with the pics bro ;)

Brandon

3. Iroc350kid

- eh couldnt get the pics to post so here is a link :D

Brandon

4. Ron Staff Alumni

Perfect. I would like for the tips to come out before the rear tires with no muffles, probably gonna be loud but thats the idea haha on the sides you know think thats doable? :D what'd that setup cost ya ?

got any other pics of your ride? :wave:

5. Iroc350kid

Well when I had just put on my duel 3'' system I had to move it out side to put on the mufflers and it was kinda loud but not as much as I though 3'' would be .. if you have ever ran without a muffler it sound just the same ... but if its loud you want I would get some Dynomax Bullets they are not glasspaks they are race mufflers and they will make your car really loud! I heard several 3'' system over this week-end and you woulod be better off going this wy cause it gives it a very tuff raw powerful sound .. rather then no muffler sounding like you have header gasket leaks ;) but its up to you .. the link I posted was of someone else's system (probably costed a good penny if you ask me). Mine is under my name here on the site (photo gallery) but .. many dont like it cause they say its "to low" when really its not .. (you know yourself missouri has pretty sucky roads and I dont bottom out any around town or out in the sticks) mine only ran like 100 for the pipe bent and colletors welded .. (its 3'' aluminized also) and a pair of bullets would only run you about 60 bucks or so ... just something to think about :D

Brandon