Dropped Bolt i think

Discussion in '3rd Gen Camaro (1982-1992 Camaro)' started by CamaroCanada, May 25, 2005.

1. CamaroCanada

Ok i Was Replacing My CARB Gasket. i think i might Of dropped a Bolt in the Manifold Im not sure it could have fell between the Motor And transmission. but i cant get down there too see. if i take The manifold Of can i look too see if it did? or do i gotta take Heads Off now? im dont wanna try and start the car!!!!

Tags:
  2. GMLSX

i would take off the manifold at least and the heads just to be safe..it should be sitting on top of a piston if its in there.how big is the bolt? length wise

3. CamaroCanada

its 1/2 By 1/8 Damn i dont know what Side it could have fell In so i gotta take Both Heads off FACK!

4. Phantompooper Staff Alumni

Bummer, let this be a lesson to always stuff a rag down any hole you don't want extra parts falling into.

5. d-z28

if you take the intake off it will be in the intake or intake side of head the most likely. if it is in the head you will be able to see it and remove it ,the chances of it falling into the cylender that the valve is completly open in is verry slim but do find it before you turn over the engine or there will be problems

6. Dels 383 TA

I agree with D-Z28,just remove the intake ,get a pen magnet and start fishing you should be able to find it that way.
    Good luck,keep us posted.AND DONT TURN THAT MOTOR OVER AT ALL.

7. MasterZ Staff Alumni

have you tried using a mirror and looking real good behind the intake on the top of the transmission before you remove everything. Also maybe just try getting a strong pen magnet and fishing around in the top of the intake as well. This could save you alot of trouble before you remove the intake.

8. CamaroCanada

Phew Took the manifold Off there the Little Bugger Was Bathing in My Motor. thats Ok i gave hm his Notice. and Evicted his ass! With My Magnet!:) thank GOD! i was ****************ting my pants:)

9. K2okutsu

Great that you found it.

CamaroCanada what year is you Camaro?

10. d-z28

great that you found it now you can finish what you started

11. Iroc350kid

Good thing you got it before you started it or else you could have been looking into a new set of heads and pistons lol ;)

Brandon