Body Kit/Ground Effects

Discussion in '3rd Gen Camaro (1982-1992 Camaro)' started by Cam-aro, May 4, 2005.

1. Cam-aro

FOR THOSE DARING ENOUGH TO READ: I Am Taking My Camaro Against The Ol' Folk Lore Of Muscle Car (Though I Love To Go Fast...), And I Am Turning It Into A Visual Feast. The Windows Have Had Custom Tinting, Aftermarket Chrome Sidewinder Rims, Red Pulsing Underglow Neons, And A New Hood & 3inch Spoiler On The Way Soon, But I Have Been Looking For Import-Style Ground Effects/Body Kit. The 4th Gens Have Many Body Kits/Ground Effects One Can Purchase, But The 3rd Gens Have Very Little. I Have Owned An '83 Z28, and Now A '91 RS, And As Anyone Can Tell, The '91 Has Much Lower And Cooler Ground Effects Than The Early Years Did, But I Want Something Very Different. The Mustangs Have Some Pretty Cool Aftermarket Ground Effects... My Buddy Has Some On His Roush Mustang, But Our Camaros Has Nothing! Has Anyone Seen Any On Any Sites, Or... From Any Other Source. I Have Found One Body Kit For 1000, It Comes With '83 Style Ground Effects And Fenders/Quarter Panels... I Think It's A Waste Of Money. Calling Around, I Found A Company That Will Custom Make A Body Kit, But A Group Of 6 Similar Cars Must Be Submitted For The Body Kit ($850 From Each Owner(The Company Doesn't Wanna Put Effort Into Project For Just One Car). If You Know Of Any Thing, Or Got Any Ideas, Holler Back Alright.
    Take Care Guys, Keep Rocking.
    - Cam Covert

Tags:
  2. 02VTZ

Hey good luck with that! It isn't everyone's thing but if it makes ya happy, go for it. If possible, post some pic.'s. :wave:

3. morbidangelIROC

well theres the Xenon Body kits, and the Preditor, and the Turbo Body kits.

4. Iroc350kid

Well as far as body kits go the turbo or preditor kits look .. ok but I would just keep the stock gfx and as for the spoiler if its like the stock version but taller it would look neat (much like the one hawks sells) but its all on what your taste is ;)

Brandon

5. Cam-aro

For Those Body Kits You Mentioned, Could Ya Possibly Give Me Some Links To Those Sites... And About How Much Do They Run? In 1991, GM Did The Last Modifications On The Exterior(Ground Effects, Panels etc.), And Yes The Stock Ground Effects Are Some Of The Coolest You Can Get Straight From Factory... But Eventually I'd Like To Make This Car Completely Different. As For The Spoiler, I Want Something That Looks Good And Right Now The Z28 3" High Rise Spoiler Is The Safest Bet... And Not Bad For 130 Bucks. Eventually I'll Go Out To Tulsa Or Something(A Big Market Town) And Find A Tuner Shop And Compare Some Aftermarket Spoilers. Yeah Lookin At The Websites At Spoilers Is Cool, But Ya Never Really Know What They Are Gonna Look Like On Your Car Ya Know.

The Ram Air Hood Is Gonna Run Me Around 600 With Shipping... I'm Not Getting The Ram Air Intake For It (On The V6, It Won't Make Much Of A Difference). Yeah The Hood Is Quite A Bit Compared To A Majority Of The Others, But Everyone Has Cown Inductions And Such... I Wanna Make Mine Stand Out!

Keep Your Eyes Peeled For Some Crazy Cool Things. I'll Take The Risk, And The Knocks From The Muscle Car Guys. Yeah I Hate Tuners Also, But I Know I Can Still Outrun Them... I Just Wanna Kind'a Been The Rules Of Camaro's. Appreciate It Guys!
    - Cam Covert

6. Iroc350kid

If you go to hawksthirdgenparts.com you will find some awsome stuff for you car , aftermarket hoods,spoliers and body kits ;) its cool what your doing to your car though ... a car is something that expresses you and is a statement about yourself ;)

Brandon

7. morbidangelIROC

8. Cam-aro

Yeah I've Checked Out HawksThirdGen... That's Where I'm Ordering My Ram Air Hood From. Do You Guys Know Of Any Other Sites Though? I Know They Are Hard To Come By... At Least Ones That Have Tuner Influenced Ground Effects (I Can't Find Any). Man I Love Best Buy... I'm Working Now, But I Do Nothing, So I'm Just Hanging And Talking To You Guys... Keep It Real.

9. GMLSX

i dont like the turbo body kit..how much is your hood gunna cost? i might be able to get it for ya cheaper.

10. Iroc350kid

Let me go find the site that has the import front end for the 82-92 camaro, my buddie had one on a camaro he was going for a customized look .. it was alright .. kinda neat looking but as far as the tuffness on it goes it wasent the best it creaked pretty bad .. he ended up just pulling it off and setting it by the curb next to his trash can lol

Brandon

11. GMLSX

lol..i woudlve taken it! just to have a little fun with and to a little curb rashing.lol

12. Cam-aro

I Was Planning On Getting The Ram Air Hood From HawksThirdGen For Around $525 (Around $600 With Shipping). I Did Find The Hood For A Little Cheaper On Another Site (Forgot The Link), But I'm Not Going To Get The Ram Air Induction. If I Had An 8-Cylinder, Then The Induction Would Be Worth It, But On My 6, The Increase Wouldn't Be All That Great... Plus The Ram Air Induction Costs An Extra $175.

I Wish I Knew What Your Talking About Speedemon... Your Getting My Hopes Up Here By Saying You Know Of Some Tuner Style Ground Effects But I Don't Think I Have Seen Them Yet. Does Your Buddy Have Some Old Pics Of His Car With The Ground Effects On It?

13. Iroc350kid

To bad my buddie didnt see this post about a year ago he had a ram air 2 hood he sold for like 250 bucks (he was selling his camaro for a 92 bird .. now has sold that and got a 99 bird) but I did like the way it looked gave it a very tuff look (I think)

Brandon

14. Cam-aro

PowerHouse Camaro

Yeah, The Ram Air Hood Is The Same Thing The '98 - '02 transmission Am's Had... But On The 3rd Gen Camaros'... The Hood Looks Awesome. On The Firebirds, The Hoods Don't Look That Hot, But They Look Great On The Camaros'.

Off The Subject, Iroc... Do You Have Nothing Else To Do Except Play On Here? Lol, It's So Funny, I'll Make A Post, And Check Back About 15 Minutes Later And There Will Be About 8 Different Posts From You. You Are Pretty Dedicated My Friend!

15. GMLSX

16. Iroc350kid

No I play on it before I go to work .. today was one of my short days so I do this to pass time ... have nothing else better to do around my house so lol

Brandon

17. twofargon

I dont know ware the gie got it but I saw a camaro with a ricer body kit on it in cardomain.com I'll see if i can find it thou. but ther is like a million 3rd gens on ther

18. twofargon

19. Cam-aro

Hmmm... Those Aren't Exactly What I Had In Mind But It's A Start. Also, That Body Kit Was Just Copied And Swapped Over Using Photoshop... That Isn't A True Picture Of The Vehicle With The Ground Effects On There. In One Of These Other Threads (I Forgot Which One), One Of The Guys Has A Pic Of A Black Camaro With Some Crazy Ground Effects. The Fenders And Side Skirts Have Little... Vent Like Slashes Across Them (Hard To Explain)... Here, I'll Find The Pic And Copy And Paste It...
    Body Kit.jpg #ad

20. brandonz28

...i really think that one looks good! i would not mind that one bit