BMR/Koni

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by sweet-94z28, Feb 9, 2011.

1. sweet-94z28

Well, got the Koni DA's and BMR springs in last night. What fun that was. I have a few cell phone pics of the result. I think they may settle a little. Front is down about 1" and rear is down about 1/2" (my car sagged pretty bad before). I think it looks good though. When I moved the car back into it's spot, you tell a difference at 5 mph when you hit the brakes. The car feels much more solid and predictable.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Tags:
  2. egott_91

Looks good man! Bet you're itching for spring now, eh? Lol

3. sweet-94z28

Yeah, starting to get the itch. I can't wait to see how much better it handles. I need new tires too. I'm looking at the BFG KDW2s for the rear and I have a pair of KDWs that I will likely run on the front.

4. egott_91

KDW2's are a good tire. Grip pretty well too. People complain that they're noisy, but that's due to the more aggressive pattern. I haven't noticed them being that loud unless my car is in OD and the windows are up, but how often will that be? Lol. Plus the exhaust is louder than them too. They handle better than the old KDW, at least I thought so. Of course I'm comparing brand new KDW2's to the KDW's that were on my car that had 4/32 tread left.

5. sweet-94z28

I have heard nothing but good about KDW 2 tires compared to the KDW. I have heard the KDW is a bit better in the rain, but like my car ever sees that anyway. Noise doesn't bother me one bit. I only drive with the windows up when the air is on. This is usually only to and from work in the summer the one day (if that) a week that I drive it.

6. egott_91

Yeah, you'd be fine. It's a good tire. 18's aren't cheap...I would know. Lol. You're rocking 17's though so it'll be cheaper.

7. Z/YA

Just from looking at the pictures I can tell the car is already sitting more level, the stance looks mean man!

So if you have 18s on it now Eric, when are you going to do the big brake upgrade?

8. greg_74

Looks good, I never noticed your rear sagging that much though. Those pics make it look a lot lower in the back so I can't wait to see pics when the weather gets nicer. I was just thinking about how much I miss driving my car yesterday.

9. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Very nice :emoup:

10. sweet-94z28

11. Firehawk409

Same exact setup in running and love it. Had qa1 and hated it.

12. egott_91

When you supply me with the parts. :chuckles:

13. Z/YA

I have everything to do it, but don't want to know because I won't be able to get a 15in wheel in the back. I will probably still do the fronts through pending if I can get a drag wheel to clear the Z06 rotors

14. egott_91

You can just give me the parts a we can do it on my car, that way you're still able to run a drag setup.:thumbsup: Sound good?

15. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

I don't like it.

I love it! hahahaha!! Good choice man.

16. BdNflnc

Looks great! I like it alot.:)

17. sweet-94z28

Yeah, I can't wait to get it out in the light and on the road and see how well I like it. My friend said they measured the front this afternoon and its about another 1/4" down from settling a little. He said it looks better. I guess I'll have to see.

18. egott_91

I need to measure to see where mines at. I still don't think they're completely settled yet.

19. richard96

Way to go Nate. I like that way better and your car is looking great too.

20. egott_91

Eibach springs don't ride or handle that well. Strano and BMR springs is where it's at as far as springs for our cars.