Northeast Region Best place in southeast NH or northeast MA to service 4thGen LT1

Discussion in 'Regional Discussion' started by peter94z28, Aug 9, 2022.

1. peter94z28

I searched for this topic but found nothing...
    I am looking for someplace to bring my 1994 z-28 conv for repairs.
    I am new to the seacoast of NH and have found decent mechanics, but none with much expertise with my gen 4, and I this spring a problem has arisen three guys in the area are unable to figure out.

In May the car started cutting out while driving. Usually at the point it got warmed up, a few minutes into starting it in the morning. It would roll to a stop and start right up and I was fine for the day. As time when on it got worse in that the starting became harder, I had to wait, it would wind, I would have to try several times.

The mechanics tried several things, but with no joy. Coil has been replaced, coil module has been replaced, the coolant temp sensor and wire to it as the wire was found to be frayed, so replaced. Throttle body plates cleaned, MAS cleaned, etc. The opti distributor was replaced a couple of thousand miles ago, but 4 or 5 years ago, so they figured it was okay, and probably would not cause he cutting out. You get the idea.

Where should I bring this car? People who know and work on Gen 4s.
    Lowell, Lawrence, Nashua, Portsmouth, else where?

Thank you.

Tags:
  2. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Don't rule out the opti because it's been previously replaced. Sometimes they last what seems like forever, but if the countless topics here about are an indication, it's reliability overall isn't great and sometimes they fail quickly.

Once it's running, does it do okay, until you stop it and let it cool off for few hours? Could be the fuel pump related, like the check ball in it, and a fuel pressure check could determine that.

I wish I could help you with a local mechanic, but I'm nowhere near NH.

3. peter94z28

Thank you.

4. peter94z28

It starts up fine in the morning, runs great for about 5 minutes, then cuts out. Restart can then be hard and engine might, but usually runs fine.
    Thanks for the help.

5. mullettcar

are you getting any codes ? also check TPS sensor and IAC as well i had a stalling issue and it was thse 2 things on my car

6. peter94z28

No codes
    Thanks for the ideas