Beauty Tips

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by niknik, Apr 2, 2009.

1. niknik

Just wondering with the few ladies we have on here what some of you favorite beauty tips and tricks are?

I'll start with a couple of mine.

I love V05 Moisture Milk Shampoo & Conditioner in Strawberries and Cream
    (for you Twilight fans, Bella's favorite shampoo is strawberry scented)

I've also started using that particular conditioner to shave with instead of using regular shave gel. I've stopped getting razor burn and my legs aren't dry and itchy after shaving.

I really like using these plastic hair pins to make buns in my hair. They don't pull like bobby pins can. I've only found them at Sally's Beauty Supply. They are also way more comfortable than using a claw clilp.

I've got fairly normal skin and am a big fan of tinted moisturizer.

And I am a big fan of Sally Hansen's new Insta Dry nail polish. One coat and it dries fairly quickly.

Tags:
  2. Camaro Queen

I usually dont wear make up as I seem to have allergy problems when I do. So I dont have any tips.

Although I love this lotion. It is more like a cream. It is called FRuit of the Earth Vitamin E skin care cream. It is all natural with no animal testing and MADE IN THE USA.

3. niknik

I wasn't really referring to make up... Just meant that stuff that makes you feel good and well beautiful :)

I don't wear much makeup myself for the very same reason. I can generally make it thru the day with mascara on but if go to be without removing it, I wake up with a bad sinus headache and my eyes are puffy.

I've seen the Fruit of the Earth stuff. I've actually used some of their Aloe Vera lotions and like them a lot.

I got into Arbonne for a while. It's also has no animal testing and also contains no animal products or bi-products. Mostly botanicals. Great stuff but very expensive so I really am not that into it anymore.

4. Camaro Queen

The Fruit of the Earth stuff is not costly at all which I like.

For the bath I use Vaseline bath crystals. They too are not costly and they leave you with a mild scent.

Perfumes also tend to bother me but I have found one that is not tooo cheap that I can wear and not have issues. It is called Angel.

Outside of using the lotion and the bath crystals I really do not do much for pampering myself. HOwever if I have this need to "pamper" I usually will just paint my nails. I dont use anything special as usually my hands are into something and the painted nails last a whole day or two and need redone.

My great pick me up feel good is Ice Cream... You can never go wrong with a bowl of ice cream. Mint chip is the best ..LOL

5. niknik

My ice cream choice is a toss up between Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia and any chocolate chip cookie dough. BUT, I have to be careful how much I eat it as I have issues with lactose :(

6. Camaro Queen

Bonnie Doon's Ice cream is the best. It is a local business in the South Bend/ Mishawaka area. I know that some of the Walgreens stores sell their tubs but I am not sure if all of them do.

If you ever get up this way you will have to try it. Absolutely the best. But then I suppose that could be because I was raised with it in my backyard.

7. niknik

Bluebell here usually or the local dairy, Kleinpeter's, now makes ice cream that is wonderful but it's expensive... About $7/a tub

8. Camaro Queen

I have heard of bluebell. Bonnie doons is like 6 for a pint. not too cheap but oh so good.

Bluebell is not all that cheap either. Plus if you want any quantity the one building does not know what the other is doing. They are hard to get ahold of for big orders. But once you do get the right person they are great people to work with.

9. niknik

Man, I'm supposed to be sticking to my diet starting today but now all I want to do is get some pizza and ice cream!

10. CamaroChica

When I dont want to pay for a manicure or pedicure, but still want french tips, I use the curved ends of bandaides to keep the white in an even line! It works wonders and its free! LOL :)

11. Camaro Queen

Ya I tried the other day to get Jim to take me to get ice cream to celebrate that the car was fixed... he said no it is too cold. IMO it is never too cold or too hot or never too anything to get ice cream.

That is a tip I will have to share with my daughter and my sons girlfriend. That is a neat idea.

12. niknik

I've been trying to figure out how to do this myself! Now I know. Thanks Kristen!

13. SexyHawk

How did I miss this thread??

I love making my own bath salts. I use epsom salt and mix it with my own blends of Aveda essential oils. Pour a little bit of the salts in the bath tub, light some candles, settle in with a good book and you won't see me for at least an hour.

Kristin that's an awesome tip for french manicures, I'll definitely have to try that!

14. Camaro Queen

I was thinking about making my own salts. There is nothing better than a good soothing soak in a tub.