August / September Car of the Month

Discussion in 'Car of the Month' started by Z28/Ken, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

new camaro 4.jpg #ad
    Congratulations to @4thand26 for winning the August / September Car of the Month!

This very clean 1994 Z/28 deserves it. It represents years of saving, and reaching a goal to buy this car. I normally put in an edited version of the information about the car in for car of the month, but what he wrote says it better than any touches I can add, so I'm leaving it completely intact:

I bought her with my grass cutting money that I started when I was 11 or so, and my enlistment bonus in the navy, after finishing nuke school, purchased in April 1998. Fell in love in 1992 with the advertisement with Jimmi playing "stand next to my fire". I always wanted the forest/hunter green with sand stone interior, and of course T tops.

When I was in the navy up in NY state my friend and I used to do 310 mile road trips every weekend from Stillwater NY to Buffalo, and then up the boarder to Canada for night out on the town. I miss those road trips with the T tops down, beautiful summer days. She also was a blast to drive around Hawaii, any time of year. I then was stationed near Seattle where the car was shipped and then finally drove to San Diego where I was stationed on my second submarine for a little over 4 years.

* ported/polished heads, 2.02/1.60 valves, dual valve springs and push rod guide plates
    * 1.6 RR
    * LT 4 hot cam
    * Ported intake
    * Tune from PCM for less
    * 160 stat
    * SVO 24# injectors
    * BBK 52 mm TB
    * GMS MAF
    * K @ N CAI
    * Hooker super comp shorty headers, ceramic coated silver
    * 3 inch high flow cat and exhaust
    * 3.73 gears
    * 2800 rpm Stall TC from TCI
    * Shift kit
    * Hotckis lowering springs and bilstein shocks
    * BMR front upper and lower control arms
    * Global West LCA and Panhard bar
    * Aluminum drive shaft
    * LT 4 knock sensor and TB coolant bypass
    * Y2K wheels
    * LS1 brakes EBC rotors and pads at all 4 corners
    * MSD ignition including 6al box
    * Original paint just buffed and polished last year, the bumper has been replaced, repainted and had a clear bra put on it

Bought in PA, took her to NY, HI, WA and finally Socal.
    DSCN0843.JPG #ad
    camaro clear bra.jpg #ad
    new camaro 1.jpg #ad
    new camaro 2.jpg #ad
    new camaro 3.jpg #ad
    new camaro 4.jpg #ad
    new camaro 5.jpg #ad

Tags:
    Mike B. likes this.
  2. 4thand26

thanks Ken, she's my first love

Z28/Ken likes this.