Anyone know much about wounded warriors?

Discussion in 'Support Our Troops & Hero's' started by Z28/Ken, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Reason I ask is I've seen a ton of commercials for them, and I'm always cautious about giving to charities no matter what they are chartered to do, because some of them aren't good stewards of their funds. I know the USO and DVA both help wounded vets, so I'm wondering what's different about Wound Warriors. Thanks (and thank you to those who served).

Tags:
  2. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Okay, I did some checking, and unfortunately as great as their work seems to be... they are terribly inefficient with the dollars they raise. Only 57.9% of the money actually goes towards the programs. I'm going to do some cross checking with the USO and DVA to see who is most efficient. We're looking to change the focus of some of our charitable giving this year!

3. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Okay, did some more digging and it seems pretty much all of them stink, and that' s a shame since they are supposed to be helping vets! Everyone I checked (well known Vet charities), none scored 70% or better.... except:

Disabled American Veterans... my hat's off to you! 93.5% efficient

4. 4thand26

I've heard good things about DAV and wounded warriors, but you posted some good info. I am very fortunate, in San Diego I have had very good experiences with the VA, I have been out over 10 years and have a 50percent disability rating due to a back injury.

5. rattlecanz28

I made a promotional video for a group called "Support A Soldier" I know the CEO and they take %100 of the donated funds to buy and ship requested gear to guys still down range... nothing like a good pair of boots when your issued ones are falling apart and tear your feet up... PM me if you have any questions

6. 4thand26

Thanks for the info, those were all the things we didn't have to worry about too much on submarines. :)