Another speaker size question?

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics' started by CipsZ28, Feb 16, 2005.

1. CipsZ28

Car: 1997 Camaro Z28 2 door coupe (T-Tops).
    I know I need four 6.5 inchers for the doors and the side panels, but what size for the speakers in the trunk? Are they 6x9's?
    :help:

Tags:
  2. SOMSS

No! They are 4" round.

3. pr0digal jenius

that I don't know....you could always take them out and look

4. CipsZ28

Yeah it's been raining so I didn't want to check. Maybe it'll stop tomorrow.

5. jkrende

Stock they're just 4". Tiny. I mounted a set of 5 1/4 Pioneers with a little careful cutting without a problem, but my suggestion is to check the size at your local auto sound place before you buy.

6. CipsZ28

I measured them, they are 4 inch. NOW - does Infinity make 4 inch speakers to go there? I did their speaker size fitment guide and they only listed speakers for doors and rear seat panels.

7. Kamaro1995

They have a thing at best buy that shows pic's/all size of them.

8. SOMSS

Infinity makes a real nice Kapa Co-Axial speaker for that location, I have them and they are great.

9. USAF_Fox

Yeah, you can also go to crutchfield.com and click on what fits my car link on the left side lowe center. It'll tell you exactly what fits perfectly. I would go for Infinity also. I'm more of a Rockford or MB Quartz guy myself.

10. superZ28ishere

I have a 93 z , not sure if its the same as the 98's and all but i have a speaker in the rear hatch on the driver's side is this what u guys r talking about? if so isnt that speaker suppose to be a factory subwoofer.

11. SOMSS

Yup the pre 98' Camaros with Bose system had a small sub on the drivers side read panel.