Announcing the "American Pride Camaro"

Discussion in 'Support Our Troops & Hero's' started by Fbodfather, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Fbodfather

Beauty shot.......
    american pride.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Nice. I like the eagle on the front. Just kinda blends in.

3. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

That is one beautiful car. Thanks for sharing Scott!!

4. Fbodfather

….The “American Pride Camaro” represents America ….and our struggle for freedom throughout our country's history. America represents freedom and hope for people worldwide.

Starting at the Right Rear Quarter panel, we see George Washington and his army crossing the Delaware; a likeness of the U.S. Constitution. ("..We The People.....") -- and each conflict is depicted in amazing ways - ending at the left rear quarter panel where we see a soldier and his Hummer in Afghanistan. On the trunk: Arlington National Cemetery where a Soldier is 'crossing over' -- and being met by those who have crossed before him. This Camaro is not only a treasured work of art, it's a history lesson............

Our Freedom is the envy of the world….

but it did not come easy --

it did not come cheaply--

......and we did not attain it without so many making many, many sacrifices…..

Throughout history, other countries have called on America, through its armed services - to come to their rescue.

Many countries have remained free or have received freedom from America’s "peace through military strength" policy….

....and that’s what this Camaro honors.

We thank world renowned Artist Mickey Harris for his incredible artistry and imagination --

and our friends at Mountain Muscle Cars for their time and talents in bringing this Camaro to reality.

Here is a TENTATIVE list of Autoshows where "American Pride" will appear.........there will be many more appearances in the summer months -- not to mention next show season. We plan to keep this work of art for the forseeable future -- so that it can journey around our great country -- and that "We The People" can admire Mickey's artistry.

Anaheim, California Oct 7-10
    Long Island, NY Oct 15-17
    Miami, FL Nov 5-14
    San Antonio, TX Nov 18-21
    Orlando, FL Nov 25-28
    Boston, MA Dec 1-5
    San Diego Dec 29-Jan 2
    San Jose Jan 6-9
    Omaha Jan 20-23
    Philadelphia, PA Jan 29-Feb 6
    Chicago, IL Feb 11-20
    Kansas City, MO Mar 2-6
    Richmond, VA March 11-13
    Fort Lauderdale, FL March 16-20
    Denver, CO March 30-April 3
    Dallas, TX April 6-10
    New York April 22-May 1
    Austin TX May 20-22

5. Fbodfather

Deck lid shot (thank you, SSMike!)
    ampridedeck.jpg #ad

6. Fbodfather

And Hood shot (thank you again, SSMike!)
    ampride hood.jpg #ad

7. richard96

Wow, thats cool. What a way to express the sacrifices of freedom!

Thanks and if I'd like to make it to a showing.

8. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

That is truly awesome! I cannot wait to see it in Anaheim. As always, look forward to seeing you there my friend.

9. WartHog Staff Alumni

Thanks Scott. Never even heard of this project 'till now. Who painted it? Was it the same guy who did the Hero Truck?

10. WartHog Staff Alumni

Just went back and read a little slower. Yep, same guy. He is AWESOME!!!

11. WartHog Staff Alumni

12. LS1Tuner_06

Wow! Simply amazing! I couldn't imagine that looking any better in any the car.

13. Forgiven

Wowsers...(the word wow was not long enough, try it sometime.:)

14. Fbodfather

You'll be pleased to know that there's a Warthog on the driver's side!

Unfortunately it won't be available for the Camaro display at the Museum this year - BUT - I'd like to get it down there at some point either next summer or early fall........

15. Extinct Staff Alumni

Sure is a beautiful car....love the patriotic themes.

See ya on the road,
    Matt:wavey:

16. WartHog Staff Alumni

:) Scott, I worked on the A-10 for almosty 6 years. I always said I'd go anywhere in the world @ any time to work on one! I LOVE that beast! :D

17. BdNflnc

Thats amazing! I'm gonna have to get up to see it in KC! Are all of those shows listed "GM" shows?