ALL kinds of problems

Discussion in '4th Gen Camaro LT1 (1993-1997 Camaro)' started by z28addiction, May 23, 2010.

1. z28addiction

ok my car is driving me crazy. when i got the car no warning lights were on the dash. now i'm seeing low coolant (although coolant needs to be flushed and changed the level is fine), ABS INOP, air bag, and sometimes the check engine light. im about to get the codes read for all of that.

now it already has some electrical problems. when i got it the trunk button, driverside window, coolant fans, and radio didn't work. just the other day i pushed the trunk button and it started working. then a day later the radio magically started working. i have been driving it without the fans working. as long as i'm moving there are no overheating problems. but the same day that the radio started working, the fans started working. so i was pretty siked. then the fans quit working on me a day later. so what could the reason be for any of this?

Tags:
  2. midrange

trunk button, windows, radio is all controlled by the BCM (Body COntrol Module) They are known to go faulty and thats what i would look at first. Perhaps the fans run off it as well, but i'm not sure.

Next time your in your car, seeing is intermitant, start your car and shake your BCM. Its located above the passenger feet compartment right behind the glove box.. You can grab it easily if you just open your glove box, unclup it so it drops down all the way. Then you will see it to the right side. If things start flashing like radio, interior light.. that means you have a cold solder point in your BCM.

AS far as all your dummy lights coming on at the same time, thats a sign of a weak alternator.

3. bobdec

4. Paulster2

Bad grounds can cause this as well.

5. z28addiction

its running around 1/8th inch past the middle line. (i think its 13)