abs and stabilitrak issue

Discussion in '5th Gen Camaro (2010 - 2015 Camaro)' started by mullettcar, Apr 8, 2023.

1. mullettcar

2010 camaro
    so my front right wheel bearing was starting to go so i put a new wheel hub on and took it for a test drive all was fine so i put the hammer down to make sure there was no shaking . all of a sudden the dash lit up abs ,traction control, stabilitrak . so home i went and i figured maybe i damaged the wheel sensor when i put the new hub on so i got a new sensor reset the ecm (remove battery for 15 min) fired back up and light came right back on . now it doesnt go into limp mode so i know its not engine related i had it do that before so i have a brand new throttle body cause if the tps sensor goes the stabilitrak light comes on and it goes in limp mode.
    so i am kinda stuck on what to do like i said its not in limp mode but the lights stay on.
    anyone have any idea what part do i need to throw at this POS now

Tags:
  2. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Code pull with a scanner that can communicate with the BCM and brake module should give the reason (usually). Do you know if the car was reflashed by Chevy (back around 2014-2016) for the a update to fix an over-sensitive ABS module?

3. mullettcar

not sure if it was reflashed . im going to take the hub off and put it back on again maybe its not seated right if that doent work i will bring it to the dealership . it just seems funny that it worked fine until i changed the hub and i drove about 5 miles with the new hub and then the abs and traction and stabilitrak all came on at the same time . even when i unplug the battery for 15 min as soon as i turn the key it all lights back up before i even move the car sometimes as i pull out of my driveway the brake pedal will chatter like the abs is going on but just for a second then after that no abs when i apply the brake.

4. mullettcar

so update on this i went to the local Kal tire and got them to scan my car (they did it for free) so it apears my rear sensors are acting up both sides so i ordered new sensors and rear wheel hubs i figure i did the front hubs so might as well do the rears i hope this is the fix for this i will post the results next week after i get it back together