A brand new old part from a huge supplier

Discussion in 'Z Lounge' started by KevChev, Oct 16, 2020.

1. KevChev

I ordered new front brake lines for my '83 Gen 3 last week. One side showed up within two days. The other side was to take a week. Yep. It arrived today.

Look at this box in the photo that arrived today. Is this not at least 20 years old? No website or e-mail addresses printed anywhere on the package. Ahh, the good old days. Lol! The other brake line was in a new box.

RA must buy up NOS parts from warehouses or something. I'm not complaining, just surprised. The box looks as though it's been in a few mechanics' hands.

20201016_214023.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. mullettcar

FEDERAL-MOGUL TO BUY COOPER INDUSTRIES' AUTO-PARTS BUSINESSES for 1.9 billion
    they did that back in 1998 so i would say that part is at least 22 yrs old

NastyZ likes this.
  3. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

If it was a closeout or one of their less expensive parts, I've seen the same thing. I bought a bunch of premium wiper blades that normally run $10+ for $1.50 each on closeout. They were old, and didn't last as long but I bought a lot of them and still came out better price-wise than buying the $10/part blades.