93-94 Bose door speakers

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics' started by Skookum, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Skookum

I'm intent on keeping the factory 3-speaker Bose system (2 front doors, rear hatch). The left front door speaker is not working.

I don't know how to troubleshoot this, but I'm thinking either the speaker is toast or the door amp is having problems. Two questions:

Are 93-94 Bose door speakers in the 3-speaker system interchangeable with the 95-96 5-speaker Bose system?

If just the speaker is blown, is it possible to replace JUST the speaker so that the unit can be operational again? I really don't care about sound quality, I care about originality. I adored these cars as a kid and I want it to look and operate just like it came from the factory.

Also, any good outlets to find this vintage Bose stuff? I looked on eBay and they have a NOS LH door speaker for $325. I mean, I'm willing to go the extra mile, but geez, someone's gotta have a pile of these things sitting around, right? Everyone was throwing these out for aftermarket stuff in the mid-late 90's.

Tags:
  2. LT1 Weezy

I'm pretty sure I still have all my factory bose speakers in my basement boxed up. Head unit, two door speakers and rear hatch enclosure. I will look and let you know.

3. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Mine are still in my car lol. Need to pull them out though and replace them.

4. LT1 Weezy

I've got them I can snap some Pics shoot me a DM.

5. mullettcar

i have bose in my 95 and mine work great mind you im getting old and dont listen to crazy loud tunes anymore but i like the sound

6. Roryh19

Same here, my 95 has the factory BOSE speakers.

7. Pirate245

I have the same interest and my left driver side is ringing hi pitch sound i know its the amp that quite any body got any working for sale [email][email protected][/email] tx

8. Pirate245

I have the same interests I have a problem with my left speaker Hissing I’d like to replace it does anybody have any old bose speaks they wanna sell. [email][email protected][/email] tx

9. Pirate245

Any of this still for sale @?