4 12's pics

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics' started by 96Zman, Mar 8, 2008.

1. 96Zman

here are some pics of 4 12's in the back of my Z
    system rated at over 1100 + watts
    Picture 343.jpg #ad
    Picture 344.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. Randy L Staff Alumni

I bet the rear windshield vibrates like it wants to jump off the car! WOW!

3. 96Zman

yea it has some mean vibs

4. My LT4 Z

Geez. I assume you have plans to tint that window. Otherwise youl step outta the mall one day and your ****************s gonna be gone. It happened to a friend of mine's mustang. Spent close to 2 Gs on his system and lost it in a matter of minutes.

5. cjuvinall2008

same thing happened to me, 2 digital design 9512's 800 each with the optional carbon caps and .7 ohms and mmats amp for $1000, my good old viper alarm went on the frizt and waiting on the new one to show up by dhl, lol a long wait, anyway just happen to get broken into right in front of my house one night. i wish i would of got to see that a@# runing down the street with that heavy as@ box lol but thank god for insurance, they paid for everything just be sure to either keep all your recipets or take them to your insurance company and let them know what you have the price you paid so there not thinking your taking them for money, and thanks to the so called cops in janesville wisconsin for helping, even thou if they would even came out and looked, if they would of found who ever did it, it would b a felon since of the cost of the suff that was stolen. story short, get a good alarm, tint your windows and contact your insurance

6. bakesz28

Looks ok, but it is really risky parading your goods around like that. Find a car with a trunk so you're less revealing.

7. On a Rice diet

Memphis representin'. cool.

8. 96Zman

the glass is tinted 5% and it has a viper alarm on the car so im in good shape as of now lol

9. 94Zstangwalker

hmmm... how much do you like your hearing?? lol

10. 96Zman

i can hit a 159 db so yea it gets loud

11. flak_monkey

Jesus. Louder than I ever want to be around. I'll stick with my fifteen. Nice work though.

12. cjuvinall2008

those the memphis pr12's which are 250rms and what mic system did you use to measure the 159 db hit?

13. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

So much for taking the camaro shopping :D. Looks good though.

14. Standard-Z

Do you have t-top? If so. How the heck are they going to fit in the rear?:thinking:

15. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Lol, looks like he does. I guess he has to leave them at the house and hope it doesn't rain :D

16. Greg Norris

lay them on the back seat.

17. supersweet

:agreeflash: I have a friend in competition with 3 15" memphis,twelve 24v dry cells, two alternators, and 4 1000w rockfords and his loudest hit was 158.6db. This was done in a '89 2door GMC Jimmy.

18. MyfirstZ

Looks nice man.See I would like to do something like that to mine because I have 2 memphis 12"s and I would like to put them in my Z but mine is a convertible and I really don't wanna mess anything up by weighing it down like that...Is there anything I could do with my 12's without screwing anything up?

19. ls1dave

i dont intend to defend the original poster because i also am unsure of those numbers, but keep in mind that this is a hatch. the sound is doubled just by aiming the subs at the glass. this means he gained 3 dB just by having a hatch, so 159 turns into 156 in a normal setup like what a jimmy would have. now thats a little more comparable.

im not a fan of this type of setup, but to each their own. if it makes YOU happy thats all that matters.

20. VS_95_z28

nice, i have 2 12" w6s..what all are you running underneath that beauty panel