2006 infinity ex35 problem...need to reset...somthing

Discussion in 'All Non F-body Tech' started by NastyZ, Aug 13, 2020.

1. NastyZ

Had a big problem yesterday with a friends car and need some help. His car wouldnt start, so some random nice guy tried to help with a boost..... well no good deed goes unpunished. The good guy hooked his end of the cables up wrong. ..... big spark. Now car wont turn over. Cant change gears,etc. It has pushbutton start and it sits in the "on" position. Basically I think tue arc tripped some kind of breaker....or has enabled some kind of security mode on the car...... and help would greatly be appreciated

Tags:
  2. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

All we can hope for is that there is reverse voltage protection. Because if there was not, then it likely fried the computer when the cables were put on wrong.

3. NastyZ

Thanx for the reply man! But we found out there is exactly that..... it looks like a fuse type mount that went directly on the battery.....never seen one before....so I myself didnt know to look at it.... so today trying to hit the junkyard
    Here is a pick i fojnd online
    https://images.app.goo.gl/2p2vwRXNgkU3xRWV7

4. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

That is some good news right there!

NastyZ likes this.
  5. M1dniterider

Just an FYI about those type battery connectors; when running any new power wire (amplifier etc), DO NOT connect to the bolt where it clamps to the battery terminal. Those have a sort of conical washer that wedges as it’s tightened helping to get tight around the terminal. Screws things up if you add a ring terminal, etc to the stack and it will never clamp good and tight on the battery terminal.

NastyZ likes this.