1LE History

Discussion in 'Camaro History' started by InsaneAuto86, Aug 27, 2006.

1. InsaneAuto86

Can someone explain the "1LE" concept to me? Ive also heard of "2LE" and "3LE" upgrades as well. Thanks!

Tags:
  2. OctaneZ28

1LE is a special peformance components package, consiting of various upgrades depending on the year.

Sway bars, brakes, extra radiator fans, stiffer shocks/springs, upgraded rear gear ratio were among the components offered from time to time.

Available 1989-2002. Not too many of them built.

I've never heard of 2LE or 3LE though.

3. PoorMan

1LE had A/C delete also. I went to buy one in 1989 and when I found that out I bought a IROC Vert instead. It's was too hot in Louisiana for no A/C. Their was no 2LE or 3LE. I remember going over the entire option codes at the dealer. It also suxed that the 5 speed was only offered with the 305TPI just like the regular IROC. Oh yeah, fog lights were delete too. That's how most can ID an LE1.

4. Extinct Staff Alumni

This performance suspension system, now being offered exclusively by SLP, includes double adjustable Koni Shocks. (n/a on convertible or with Bilstein Suspension Package)

1LE suspension is back, and now offered exclusively by SLP. It includes Koni double adjustable front and rear shocks allowing you to "tune" your suspension to your specific handling needs. Front upper and lower control arms are tightened up with stiffer rubber bushings. Hollow 35mm front swaybar significantly reduces body roll. Includes revised endlinks, reinforced body mount brackets and firmer bushings. Rear lower control arms with firmer bushings reduce wheel hop under heavy acceleration. Larger 21mm rear swaybar and bushings decrease body roll. Package also includes Koni shock adjustment tool.

This is straight off of www.firehawk.org. This is a brief explanation of what a 1LE "is"....but in order to understand what a 1LE truly is....you need a curvy road through the backroads of Kentucky (Bowling Green 2006 reference). :D:D:D:D

See ya on the road,
    Matt:wavey:

5. jblindy

As said above there isn't a 2LE and a 3LE. I think you might be getting 2LE and 3LE confused with LE2 and LE3. Those are Lloyd Elliot head/cam packages. He offers the LE1, which offers mild gains in hp, the LE2 which is a step above, and the LE3 which is his most aggressive h/c package.

6. Fbodfather

you are thinking, I believe, of 1LT and 2LT and 3LT packages on our current offerings........

No 2LE or 3LE.

As to the air conditioning, -- as I recall, air conditioning became standard in 1997...so all 1LEs from 1997 on had air conditioning. (I could be wrong -- I'm at home and files are at work.....) (and I can't remember stuff like I used to!)

7. Etown_RS

Some of the 1LEs could be had with AC, as well as with radio. It's just that the rarer ones were complete delete option cars (no AC, radio, power options, etc).

8. Bail

And he is the Master Blaster that could and would school you on this. Tellem Matty......