1996 car #2314 Polo Green SS

Discussion in 'Camaro History' started by pologrSS, Mar 24, 2017.

1. pologrSS

Hey everyone , I just joined the family. Thanks. anyways I recently found a 1996 SS polo green hardtop 6speed with 29k on miles. Car has been sitting in a garage for 17yrs. I've got it cleaned up and the bugs 95% worked out. it needed a few things painted on it hood and wing all the clear was peeling off ? any ideas why? I guess SLP painted those ? I have been looking on line about production numbers one site has it as 1 of 35 . Wow but I also read that their was only 2296 where total number ,then I hear 2410 is the number? confusing to me . I would like to know if anyone has any info on how to tell if this was the last Polo Green SS built. Sorry for going on and on . but I just think this car is super rare. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks again. 20170323_175936.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Too cold or damp outside can effect adhesion of paint including clear coat, that may have been the cause of the peeling.

I show 2410 SS produced for 1996, but I don't have VIN to production number data by color, so I can't tell you where in the production cycle your car falls into. Maybe one of the other guys can help.

3. Brad97