1970 Z28 Intake manifold

Discussion in 'Camaro History' started by Riche, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Riche

To be honest, I need 10 posts to post an item for sale. But I figured since i cant post my intake for sale I might as well learn a little about it.
    I got it with a bunch of small block parts. Thought I might have hit the holy grail, but after some google searching I think this intake was not a factory production line intake but only a gm over the counter replacement.
    With that said I would appreciate and input and opinions of cost.
    20200921_171126.jpg #ad
    20200921_171241.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. Riche

Another pic
    20200921_171251.jpg #ad

3. Zspoiler

Have you tried Googling it.

4. Riche

Yes, it seems like the most believable source says its a gm factory replacement part similar to a 1970 z28 intake. But not from the actual assembly line. It is identical for the most part however it has the fill/vent tube port in the front bored out and a plug in it. The factory assembly line intake would not have the vent filler tube cut out.
    Since I need 10 posts to post for sale I figured I would possibly start up a discussion about it and see what everyone thought. Or is someone had first hand knowledge about it.
    I imagine it might not have the value of an actual factory production line installed intake, however it should still hold some value bc it is a gm replacement part of that era?
    Unless it was produce and sold in mass quantities...

5. NastyZ

Things I wonder about it...

Did the vette have the same intake? Like in my gen tpi varied a little ...for the vette...lile egr location
    Was it an over the counter intake.... to bring a camaro...to more like vette performance?
    Was it like a "bow tie" intake. ....kinda an upgrade for customers to add performance to a different vehicle?

6. Larry Parks

7. Two lane blacktop

Looks like... An old intake manifold for a Mercruiser (Chevrolet) small block marine engine....We Used to use them back in the 1980s On "stock" engines that we massaged for racing in the pure stock classes... At the local short tracks around my area ....It worked better with the "stock" camshaft package...In sustained higher RPM operation than the other factory GM intakes that were designed for road use....(cars and trucks)...
    As far as the value of it....Realistically it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it...Anywhere from zero to millions....

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  8. mullettcar

looks like a dual plain intake with the dizzy plug on the front so you could plug the back dizzy hole and put it on a Buick motor?
    or for the oil fill tube for a 327

9. Two lane blacktop

A Buick intake manifold will NOT in anyway shape or form interchange with a Chevrolet intake manifold or Visa versa....The Buick engines are dimensionally completely different and are nowhere even close....The only thing that it would have in common with a Chevrolet engine are the journal sizes on the (Rod & Main) on the crankshaft....Stand by my statement that it is a Mercruiser (chevrolet) marine engine intake manifold....327..350..or quite possibly a 307..

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  10. mullettcar

i was saying it looked like it could cause of the port in the front cause the buick motor has the dizzy in the front i know its not a buick intake looks more like a elderbrock performer intake in which i also know its not either way it is a gm performance intake the port in the front is there to punch out if used on a 327 to put an oil filler tube there.:blingblin
    IMG_0063intake.png #ad
    intake.jpg #ad

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020