1000 hp Mustang for 55k.... is really gona hurt people like Hennessey

Discussion in 'Z Lounge' started by NastyZ, Nov 28, 2019.

1. NastyZ

Tags:
    racerman likes this.
  2. racerman

He does more self-inflicted harm than any other manufacturer or tuner can do with his practices and customer service issues.

3. NastyZ

News to me.... i am not privy. I would loveeee to hear what you have to say.... do you have any personal dealings with them?

racerman likes this.
  4. racerman

I was privy to a forum discussion between he and a couple of customers.
    Seems besides taking forever to deliver and taking parts from one customer's car and putting them on another (these things appear to be standard practice), he was horrifically rude to them in a nutshell.

5. racerman

You know...you can get a 1000 HP Yenko for 70k and no two are alike.
    Just sayin'

NastyZ likes this.
  6. NastyZ

Well, I gota say I would be pissed if that happened to me. I dont mean this to sound argumentative or...lets say i am not trying to be an ass or anything.... i am just a curious person with questions.

How would they know their parts were put on another car lol...... last thing i would admit to a customer openly. I get the late delivery ( been through this alot of times. ... had to get deposit back on crap....alot).

I appreciate hearing about it though....i will put it in the bank so to speak. First person i have heard anything about dealing with them so , any news is good news.

Remember I am not trying to sound like a jerk k ... and thanx for the heads up

racerman likes this.
  7. NastyZ

Reallly? Why arent they alike. 70k does sound really awesome. Wonder what model they start with etc...

racerman likes this.
  8. NastyZ

Also the Hennessey car starts as a brand new zl1. ..i guess thats half the cost right there..... then 100k... for hmmmm ...nah its overpriced i think....akkkk or maybe not lol

9. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

They seem to have a good online reputation, 2600+ reviews with a 4.9 rating on dealer rater. Everywhere else I look, except Yelp, they also have stellar review rankings and there aren't many reviews over there (a few dozen). A- rating with the BBB too. I've been around in the Ford world for a long time and this is first I've heard of any major problems with them, but things can change.

racerman and NastyZ like this.
  10. racerman

Let's say you get a black one with a red interior and red striping. There won't be another made like it. There may be only one subtle difference, but they won't be identical.
    And if somebody can afford 55k for a Mustang (which will probably be price gouged) they can probably step up to 70k.

NastyZ likes this.
  11. racerman

They start with a SS 1LE and takes the Camaro SS's 6.2-liter LT1 V-8, and increases displacement to 6.8 liters. The engine also gets a new crankshaft, new rods, forged pistons, CNC-ported cylinder heads, ARP head studs, stainless steel headers, high-flow catalytic converters, an upgraded fuel system and a big ass blower

NastyZ likes this.
  12. racerman

BBB is pretty much irrelevant. They only take complaints, not praise...and not a lot of people actually bother to report to them.
    2600+ reviews... I doubt they've done 2600 cars. A lot of those reviews are probably fan boys who can't afford it lol.
    All I know is, I totally lost respect for that guy when I read that correspondence. I mean, he was downright ugly to people - unprovoked. All they wanted to know was, where was their car that was supposed to be delivered a year ago...
    That, and the fact that he's a tuner, not a builder. Kept blathering on about the Venom being the fastest production car blah blah blah and we know it's just a Lotus with a LS pretty much and no official run was ever made. He ran in one direction. Plus, there aren't at least 30 of them which is a requisite for the record. Then there's the Venom F5 he claims will do 300 mph and as far as I know he has still yet to build one.
    Anybody who knows real speed and real records knows the Koenigsegg Agera RS holds the official record for top end, among others.
    Now, Christian Von Koenigsegg...there's a damn genius right there. And just a really pleasant person.
    Oh, and Koenigsegg's newest car in production, the Jesko, is sure to top 300...for real. He's building 125 and they're all sold.
    Sure Koenigseggs cost millions, but if you want to marvel over sheer mechanical and engineering genius you have to look there.

13. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

racerman likes this.
  14. racerman

I'd have to dig back a few years in the iRacing forums to find what I read. It was all screenshots from a forum of which I could remember the name.
    Yeah, take it with a grain of salt because it is hearsay coming from me. You don't know me, and likely wouldn't trust my word. I don't blame you as I wouldn't trust anybody I didn't know personally either.
    All I can say is, I read what I said, and I have zero respect for the guy for reading it.

NastyZ likes this.
  15. NastyZ

Just to comment on the 300 mph in a production car issue.....i have been following that aswell. Actually Bugatti has made the 300mph run.... Unfortunately is was only one way... so it doesnt officially count. Yes John was vocal about it aswell...but not really over the top about it. Konniseg.... sorry i am not looki g up that spelling lol... is all over any conversation about breaking the 300mph mark to. I keep reading most feal they will do it. But i am also womdering about the new lotus i seen with 2000 hp and why austin marten cant be considered..... with that badass vulcin they made ( yes low numbered production track car).

With reviews about Hennessey being good.... and well other tidbits you come across, I generally make my own opinion on the whole picture.... kinda weighing it all. Ya as far as the 2600 reviews... i am also guessing this isnt just about full on car builds.... but possible parts... or even great tech advice or solutions possibly. So as i say i just stick it all in the bank so to speak ....so one day.... if.... lol i will have all these weights against.... one hell of a purchase

racerman likes this.
  16. racerman

The Bugatti was modified from stock also, which is another requisite which disqualifies it.
    And Hennessey was right in being vocal about that. It's just his relationship with his customers that is bothersome.

17. NastyZ

Ya not stock... John was all over that aswell claiming it had to have alot more than the 1500 hp ,etc ,etc.... but to me if they modded it.... wouldn't take much to make it production. Cant say 100% I think the tail on the car was modded aswell..... possibly prompting a new model?

racerman likes this.
  18. racerman

Yes, apparently those mods will make it into the next car, but Bugatti has officially bowed out of the top speed competition. Probably because they know Koenigsegg will just knock them off the mountain again lol.
    BTW Koenigsegg just recently beat it's own record of 0-249-0 with just over 31 seconds in the hybrid Regera.

19. NastyZ

Yeahhhhh..... dam hybrids.... i know the benifits ,etc... just.... sigh.... thats another thread lol

racerman likes this.
  20. racerman

Gotta admit...that's one damn sexy hybrid though lol. It also has a one gear transmission. Direct drive invented by Koenigsegg.